How to Find a Surrogate in Florida
Finding a surrogate in Florida is easy through Eggceptional Fertility. This article contains everything you need to know to begin your path to parenthood through surrogacy. From an overview of surrogacy to how to find a quality surrogacy agency, read on for valuable information.
Surrogacy and Why People Use Surrogates in Florida
Surrogacy provides a wonderful option for intended parents who cannot carry and deliver a baby on their own, for any of a variety of reasons. In surrogacy, an embryo is developed in a fertility clinic and then transferred to the uterus of a surrogate (or “gestational carrier”). The surrogate then carries the pregnancy and delivers the baby. In return for the surrogate’s time, energy, and physical effort, the intended parent(s) provide compensation and benefits.
There are many reasons why an individual or couple in Florida might choose to find a surrogate on their path to parenthood. For instance, a woman might have healthy eggs, but not be able to carry a pregnancy for medical reasons. In this case, she could have her eggs retrieved, fertilized with her partner’s sperm, and then transferred to a surrogate who can safely carry and deliver a baby. In this way, both intended parents can still have a biological child. On the other hand, surrogacy also provides a path to fatherhood for single intended fathers and same-sex male couples, who can fertilize donor eggs with their sperm and transfer the resulting embryo to a surrogate.
How Do I Find Surrogacy Agencies Near Me in Florida?
Working with a quality surrogacy agency can save you time, money, and energy on your surrogacy journey. An inexperienced agency, however, can stack up unscrupulous fees or simply waste your time. Typing in “surrogacy agencies near me” can lead to an overwhelming number of links for different companies, many offering deals that seem too good to be true.
Eggceptional Fertility has been providing surrogacy services in Florida since 2008 and we believe that everyone deserves the chance to create a family. We see all of our intended parents, surrogates, and egg donors as part of one big Eggceptional family, joined by a common desire to build family legacies and change lives.
So how do you find a quality surrogacy agency in Florida?
We recommend looking at three all-important factors:
- Experience – Surrogacy is a complex and lengthy process, leading to one of the most important moments of your life: when you become a parent. A quality surrogacy agency will have guided many surrogate journeys and know how to handle even the most unexpected situations.
- Transparency – With all the different details involved in surrogacy, it’s important to have a clear and complete sense of what to expect, from the surrogacy process to the expected timeline to the financial aspects. Look for a surrogacy agency that clearly lays out their fees and ask if any “additional” costs aren’t included in the initial agency agreement.
- Compassion – Becoming a parent through surrogacy is both incredibly rewarding and, at times, incredibly challenging. You deserve a surrogacy agency that roots for your success and supports you through the unexpected. Your goals should feel as important to the agency as they do to you.
When you find an experienced Florida surrogacy agency that communicates clearly and feels fully supportive, you’ll know you’ve found the right one.
What Is the Cost of Surrogacy in Florida?
Surrogacy involves a significant financial investment. The total costs depend on your specific situation and needs, location, and other factors. In general, the costs of surrogacy can be broken down into the following categories:
- Surrogate Compensation
- Travel & Miscellaneous Expenses
- Agency Fees
- Medical & Mental Health Screenings
- Surrogate Medical Insurance
- Legal Fees
- IVF & Embryo Transfer
As we mentioned, intended parents compensate surrogates for their time, effort, and energy as she carries a pregnancy and delivers a baby. Surrogacy agreements also often include additional benefits for the surrogate, such as a stipend for maternity clothes or compensation for any missed time at work.
At Eggceptional Fertility, we offer our clients full transparency when it comes to fees and expenses. For a detailed explanation of our current surrogacy fees please click here.
What is the Surrogacy Process?
The surrogacy process involves:
- Matching with a surrogate
- Creating a legal surrogacy agreement
- Developing and transferring embryos
- Pregnancy, labor, and delivery
Of course, there are many more steps along the way! The journey begins with an initial consultation with your chosen surrogacy agency. During this consultation, we’ll learn more about you and your family-building goals, as well as answer any initial questions you have about the process. We will also go into more detail about the entire surrogacy process to give you a clear understanding of what to expect. To begin your journey and find an excellent surrogate near you in Florida, schedule your initial consultation today.