How Do I Find a Surrogate in Mississippi?
Finding a surrogate in Mississippi is easy through Eggceptional Fertility. This article contains everything you need to know to begin your path to parenthood through surrogacy. From an overview of surrogacy to how to find a quality surrogacy agency, read on for valuable information.
What to Look for in a Mississippi Surrogacy Agency
Surrogacy requires a significant emotional, physical, and financial investment. Naturally, you want a quality and caring agency with you as you navigate this life-changing experience. A great Mississippi surrogacy agency will:
- Have Experience: Every surrogacy journey is unique, with its own special considerations. Your surrogacy agency needs the experience and knowledge to respond quickly and effectively to unexpected situations. An experienced surrogacy agency can answer your questions and leave you feeling confident and secure in their abilities.
- Communicate Clearly and Openly: Surrogacy is a complex process. Your agency will handle the details, but you should fully understand the process, payment details, and expectations along the way. Quality surrogacy agencies clearly present the financial aspects, including agency fees, with no hidden costs or vague promises.
- Treat You With Compassion: The path to parenthood through surrogacy involves an incredible mix of emotions – excitement, anxiety, joy, frustration, anticipation – sometimes all at the same time! The best surrogacy agencies understand that even if they’ve helped hundreds of couples through the process, you are experiencing it for the first time. You deserve individualized support and care, and should never feel like just another patient.
If you keep these key factors of experience, transparency, and compassion in mind, you can find an excellent surrogacy agency in Mississippi near you.
Who Can Use a Surrogate?
Surrogacy allows people who cannot become pregnant or deliver a baby by themselves to become parents. Often, it also allows them to still share a biological connection with their child. Intended parents may pursue surrogacy because of biological or medical needs, such as the inability to safely carry a pregnancy or the lack of all the reproductive systems necessary to conceive.
During the surrogacy process, a fertility clinic develops an embryo from an egg and sperm from the intended parents and/or donors. The embryo is then transferred into the uterus of a gestational carrier/surrogate. The surrogate carries the pregnancy to term and delivers a baby. However, the surrogate does not have any parental rights or responsibilities to the baby, who instead is the intended parents’ legal child. Surrogates provide this generous service because they feel moved to help others become pregnant. In return for this significant commitment of time and energy, the surrogate receives compensation from the intended parent(s).
How Much Does Surrogacy Cost?
As we mentioned, surrogacy requires a substantial financial investment. The exact amount depends on a number of factors, including surrogate experience, location, health insurance, and more. In broad terms, surrogacy costs include:
- Surrogate-related expenses
- Surrogate compensation
- Health Insurance
- Travel Expenses
- Additional benefits
- Agency Fees
- Legal Fees
- Medical Fees
- Egg retrieval or donor egg/donor sperm (if applicable)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Embryo transfer
- Prenatal appointments
- Labor & delivery
- Postpartum recovery
Typically, the intended parents pay for any and all related surrogacy expenses. Some surrogates have their own medical insurance that covers surrogate pregnancies. In these cases, intended parents often give their surrogate slightly higher compensation, but don’t have to purchase a separate health insurance plan. Intended parents often also provide additional benefits as laid out in their surrogacy agreement; for instance, house-cleaning services, a maternity clothes stipend, or child care if needed for the surrogate’s own children. Once you find your Mississippi surrogate, you will meet together with attorneys to create a legal agreement that lays out the exact compensation and benefits.
What to Expect from the Surrogacy Process
The surrogacy process begins with finding an experienced Mississippi surrogate agency and discussing your family-building goals in detail with them. From there, your agency will guide you through the matching process of selecting a surrogate and creating a surrogacy agreement. Once the legal and financial arrangements are complete, your fertility clinic will start the IVF and embryo transfer process. Next comes pregnancy, delivery, and bringing home your new baby!
Of course, there are many more steps and details throughout the surrogacy process. We will help you navigate the entire process with confidence and care. To start your Mississippi surrogacy journey, schedule an initial consultation. At this appointment, we’ll get to know you and your family goals, and you’ll get to know us and ask any and all questions you have. The path to parenthood is only a click away – schedule your initial consultation today.