5 Tips to Make Your Egg Donor Profile Stand Out
Creating an eye-catching egg donor profile is one of the most important steps in becoming an egg donor. This is where you get to show intended parents your personality, strengths, and why you would be a great match for them. We want you to have a positive experience and feel valued during the process. Filling out your application and finding the right way to show who you are can be a nerve-racking process, but we’re here to help with 5 ways to make your egg donor profile stand out.
#1. Best Egg Donor profiles use pictures that show the best you
Making sure you have high-quality pictures is one of the most important parts while filling out your profile. When filling out your profile, you will need to upload multiple pictures – 12-15 photos are ideal – to give intended parents a good idea of what you look like. The more pictures that they can look at, the better! Here are the type of pictures that are needed to make your egg donor profile look better:
- No filters on photos: Use photos of you that are clean and unfiltered. Stay away from Snapchat filters, including filters with animals that may not show your full face.
- No pictures with sunglasses and hats: As cute as these types of pictures are, we need to be able to show intended parents your full face without something covering it up.
- No altered images – We want to see the real you! Avoid photoshopping so that intended parents can see your true facial and body features.
- Headshots – Two or three clear, focused, and up-to-date headshots with good lighting and your teeth showing.
- Full Body Pictures – Upload three-quarter to full-body pictures. It is fine if there are other people in the pictures with you.
- Pictures that show different milestones – Pictures that show what you have looked like throughout the years are great. We love childhood and family photos.
#2. Read Over Questions Carefully
When filling out your egg donor profile application, make sure to read questions over thoroughly like how you would while filling out a job application. Be honest and take time to think about how you will answer your questions. Our best egg donor profiles consist of good grammar and spelling, complete sentences, and thoughtful answers.
#3. Highlight the Most Interesting Things About You
Do you play soccer? Are you a great singer? Are you the champion of a spelling-bee? For a better egg donor profile, tell us what makes you special! Make sure to include all your strengths, hobbies, personality traits, talents, and skills in your egg donor profile. The more we know about you, the easier it is to find a match!
#4. Be a Good Communicator
We are here to cater to you, take care of you, and make this an enjoyable experience for you. However, you must do your part by communicating with us and answering texts, messages, and phone calls in a timely manner. Make sure that you are ready for this process.
#5. Make an Introduction Video
We have noticed that egg donor profiles are often seen and chosen by intended parents faster when they make an introduction video. The video should be a 1-3-minute video. You will more than likely need to download the video to Google Docs and send it over email. Make sure to give permission for us to view it.
Here are some ideas of questions or things you can talk about in your video:
- Describe your personality and character in your own words.
- What are some of your personal interests/hobbies?
- Do you have any interesting talents or skills?
- What are you doing at this point in life?
- Why do you want to become an egg donor?
- What are your future and present goals?
Remember, your profile is the best way for intended parents to get to know who you are and if you are a good match for their family. Become an Egg Donor today! If you have any questions or concerns, we are more than happy to help.